For 25 years, the iconic Silver Maple Leaf has been a highly sought-after Royal Canadian Mint bullion coin. This pure silver numismatic coin is a tribute to the Silver Maple Leaf’s beauty and success since its introduction in 1988.
- The Piedfort returns! Last seen in 2010, the Piedfort format makes a dramatic return with this exceptionally designed and crafted coin.
- The word “piedfort” literally means “strong foot” in French and appeared centuries ago to mean “heavy measure” in minting. Today, “piedfort” indicates that your coin is thicker than usual.
- Exceptionally designed, your coin features our world-renown Silver Maple Leaf set to a bed of fallen leaves. Each leaf is precision-engraved and artistically finished, giving the coin further relief and luster.
- Your coin includes a commemorative “25 yrs/ans” mark, and is an excellent addition to 2013’s sold-out Silver Maple Leaf collection.
- Your coin is rendered in fine silver (99.99% pure) and is GST/HST exempt.
- Limited mintage of 10,000 worldwide.
Designed by Canadian artist Jean-Louis Sirois, your coin’s reverse image features an original and highly creative take on the perennial Canadian maple leaf design present on all Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins. The focal point is a tilted, detailed and embossed maple leaf on a background of maple leaves.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a graphic beauty box.