For 75 years, Superman has been the protector of the city of Metropolis. With theDaily Planet dominating its cityscape, it’s not uncommon to also see the Man of Tomorrow flying overhead. The Royal Canadian Mint, Official Licensee of DC Comics, introduces the first struck achromatic hologram coin in the world, and a tribute to Superman’s 75th anniversary.
• Two world firsts in one! This coin is pure science fiction! The first coin ever to feature an achromatic hologram—a three-dimensional image created with nanotechnology-based imaging. And the first time Superman appears on a Royal Canadian Mint coin.
• Celebrate Superman’s 75th Anniversary!
• Superman flies over Metropolis and the Daily Planet with an incredible holographic effect, giving Superman the appearance of creating a sonic boom as his breaks the sound barrier
• Features Superman’s native Kryptonian language, as created by DC Comics, and reads “75 Years of Superman” in English and French.
• Exceptional packaging fit for the Man of Steel’s 75th birthday, including a clear acrylic presentation case and graphic beauty box displaying The Daily Planet, workplace of reporter Clark Kent.
This $20 coin is certified to be 99.99% pure silver with a diameter of 38 millimetres and a metal weight of 31.39 grams. It is the world’s first achromatic hologram coin, and the first Royal Canadian Mint coin to feature Superman. The reverse image, provided by DC Comics/Warner Brothers, features Superman flying over Metropolis and is rendered using a nanotechnology-based achromatic imaging method. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2013,” and the face value of “20 DOLLARS,” as well as “SUPERMAN” in the fictitious Kryptonian language from Superman’s home planet in English and French. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in custom case and beauty box.